Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Welcome to my Blog

        Welcome to my Throwing Blog! Throwing is a big part of my life. I started as a freshman and my love for the sport grew from there. Over the past two seasons, I have been to states twice and have qualified for all of the meets that my school has offered. Earning 2 metals, 4 ribbons, 2 varsity letters, and a spot as captain as a junior, I have grown as a player. I joined the throwing team to explore my other options for sports. When I first started, I thought that it was going to be a walk in the park. I was definitely wrong. Learning the proper form and technique was just the beginning of a long hard journey. Being an individual kind of sport, it helps to have all of your teammates around you cheering you on and helping you succeed.
       The reason I chose throwing as my blog topic is to get other people interested in this sport. It requires a lot of practice, determination, and concentration, but being able to get all your frustrations out with the art of Shotput, Discus, or Javelin helps to get me through school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on making it to states twice! That is a great accomplishment to have for your first two seasons. What drew you to throwing in the first place? It is such a different sport that requires a lot of skill and patience. Throwing seems like a great sport that will help you get out all frustrations from school. It also requires a lot of concentration so that your mind does not wander. Keep it up!

Lori A. said...

Cristyn, As far as the oldest sport that students are blogging about, Track and Field seems to be the oldest. I’m not a wimp when it comes to sports, but this looks really hard! How did you get interested in this sport? What is your favorite event when competing? How many hours do you practice on an off season for your sport? Do you hope to continue to participate in Track and Field in college? Congrats on making States twice! You’re off to a great start with your blog; I’m looking forward to returning soon to read (and learn) more! Mrs. A.